L17_QHT - VW Type 4 Air Cooled HT Leads for Type 4, Type 25, Type 2 Late Bay and Porsche 914 (Made in Germany)
Made by BBT in Germany
Set of 4 Cylinder HT Leads, suited to the Volkswagen 'Type 4' Air Cooled engine, being the later of the two Volkswagen air cooled units (the earlier being the Type 1)
This engine was first introduced in 1968 in the Volkswagen Type 4 range of passenger cars, the 411 and 412.
It was used from 1972 onwards in the Bay Window Type 2 Campervan / Bus and in both 1.6 and 2.0 versions of the air cooled engine powering the later Type 25... (also known as the Wedge, Vanagon, Type 2 (T3), Caravelle, Syncro, Synchro… or Daisy, if yours is called that…!)
The Type 4 engine was also used on the Volkswagen engined version of the Porsche 914, and the larger 2.0 version of the Porsche 912E from 1975-1976 (4 Cylinder Porsche 911).
HT Lead compatibility list for Volkswagen Type 4 1.7L - 2.0L Air Cooled Engines:
- Volkswagen Type 4 - 411 & 412 (1679 cc Flat-4 (411) and 1795 cc Flat-4 (412))
- Volkswagen Type 2 - Camper and Bus 1972-79
- Volkswagen Type 25 - ‘Vanagon' or Wedge (1.6 L H4 petrol, air-cooled and 2.0 L H4 petrol, air-cooled)
- Porsche 912 (2.0 L Volkswagen Type 4 H4 912E)
- Porsche 914 (1.7 L Volkswagen Type 4 F4, 1.8 L Volkswagen Type 4 F4, 2.0 L Volkswagen Type 4 F4)
- ISO 3808 quality
- Noise suppression ends for best performance
- Extremely strong and durable
- German Made HT Lead