Aldon Amethyst AM05 programmable ignition
The Aldon Amethyst AM05 mappable ignition system connects to any 12v negative earth distributor based ignition system offering fully programmable advance characteristics for both RPM and manifold vacuum.
Compatible with most electronic distributors including Powerspark electronic ignition systems, or conventional points based vehicles.
- Easy configuration via Windows PC with USB connection
- Fully programmable advance map.
- Configurable "soft" rev limiter
- Built in immobiliser
- Automatic or user defined manual dwell.
The Amethyst unit takes its input from your existing distributor (the advance advance must first be locked) and calculates the required ignition advance based on RPM and inlet manifold pressure. The unit can be configured off line via a PC connected to its USB port.
The included software allows you to select and/or modify from any of the preloaded maps or program your own advance curve, which can then be modified to suit your engine specification. The Amethyst can switch between two of stored maps without the need to connect to a PC.
The advance characteristic can be matched much more closely to the engine's requirements than is possible with conventional advance springs and a vacuum unit. Benefits include improved driveability and economy, and ultimately better all-round performance.
- Suits engine applications from 1 to 12 cylinders
- RPM range 0 to 10,000
- Rev limiter 2,000 to 10,000 RPM
- Vacuum range 0 to 20" Hg
- Dwell angle Automatic or manual
- Required coil: 1.5 – 3.0 Ohm
- Supply voltage +8v to +20v
- Supply current Less than 100mA
- Operating temperature -25ºC to 80ºC